Border Remixeado is a ground-breaking multimedia performance piece that explores the land, identity and politics of the Arizona-Mexico border region through live video projections, bilingual spoken word and performance art. Composed of a series of ten interconnected vignettes, the piece moves from the militarized border into the politics of English, and from there into racial stereotyping and deconstruction of identity symbols. Over the course of the show, a wide range of emotions, tones and media are drawn upon to take audiences to familiar subjects in unfamiliar ways. Border Remixeado challenges audiences to rethink the borders that are drawn between artistic genres, countries, languages and peoples.
Part video-art and part poetry, the piece is an engrossing intersection of cutting-edge digital media and age-old oral tradition.
Total runtime: 45-60 minutes.
- 2010 Arizona Western College, Yuma, Arizona, USA
- 2010 Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latinoamericana, San Jose, CA
- 2010, 2008 Bowery Poetry Club, New York City, USA
- 2009, 2008 National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque, USA
- 2009 University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
- 2008 Ciudad Juárez Autonomous University, Cd. Juárez, Mexico
- 2008 Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
- 2008 Tucson Museum of Art, Arizona, USA
- 2008, 2007 Poesía.en.Voz.Alta Festival, UNAM, Mexico City
- 2007 TipofyourTongue Festival, Penzance, England
- 2007 National Poetry Slam, Mexico City
- 2007 Polytechnic University of Morelos, Jiutepec, Mexico
- Concept: Adam Cooper-Terán, Logan Dirtyverbs Phillips, Moisés Regla Demaree
- Performance: Adam Cooper-Terán, Logan Dirtyverbs Phillips, Moisés Regla Demaree, Emmett White